dissabte, 29 de novembre del 2014

sailing in kiel

I was skimming my blog when I realized two things: I haven't written about sailing this year, and that I haven't made a post about the race I finally went in June... so let's do it!

I orgnanized the trip with my parents and we went together with my sailing partner and another crew. We got on the van and started a 2000km ride to northern Germany: Kiel.

After two days driving, we arrived to the city and overslept there. The following day we went to the harbor and unloaded the boats. The organization there was brilliant: an enormous team of volunteers and staff were telling everyone what to do, where to go... A fleet of 56 Audi Q7 were waiting for our trailers and slide the motorboats into the water. 

Unfortunately we couldn't sail much because of the bad weather and the lack of wind. We did about six races in four days (which is far less than expected), however, it was amazing to sail there. Thousands of sailing boats were covering the bay in white, that was an astonishing spectacle!

The days were strikingly long, the sun rose at 3am and twilight was at 11pm. That was a bit confusing, but you soon get used to it. Due to the days being so long, we could get on the van and visit some interesting places. We saw both impressive gigantic forests and cozy little towns by the sea. One day we even went to Denmark! 

After an amazing week in Kiel it was time for us to return home... but we took our time in the return and stopped in several interesting places. We visited Hannover, Heidelberg and Freiburg. 
That trip to Kiel was an amazing way to start the summer vacation, I'm eager to return there as soon as possible!

Bis bald Deutschland!   



Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada