diumenge, 30 de novembre del 2014

ugly heart

The other day I was  listening to some music on Spotify while I was finishing my art homework when a song I had never heard sounded. I quite liked it and, when I listened to it for the second time, and paid attention to the lyrics, I thought it would fit well with this beauty topic we're working with.

It is called Ugly heart, from G.R.L, and it tells the story of a girl who fell in love with a very handsome guy, but he broke her heart. In the videoclip, which is very funny and I recommend to watch, the girls are taking justice as they understand it and revenge from him... The last sentence of the video summarizes the clip well: "now your face is ugly, like your heart".

Even though this song is a bit about revenge, it also brings a question to your mind that makes you think about how influenced we are by fashion, the search for eternal youth... is beauty everything? G.R.L answer to this question easily, beauty is nothing if your inner part is ugly, if you're not honest, faithful... We must remember to care about our acts even more than our looking.


1 comentari: